Work With Us
August - December
An internship at SID-Washington is an invaluable opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in international development. As a Program Associate, you will meet high-level professionals with years of experience in the field and in Washington, DC – perhaps even your future employer!
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering phones, handling mail, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Work closely with our two programmatic coordinators to do the following:
- Assist with program development and planning for SID-Washington's numerous Workgroups
- Assist with planning for SID-Washington’s virtual Annual Events (Career Fair, Annual Conference, Annual Dinner)
- Write summaries of Chapter activities and events to be published on our website
- Develop outreach and marketing materials
- Support the SID-Washington staff in providing deliverables to SID-Washington Board of Directors committees
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website maintenance
- Academic and/or work experience in international development and/or event planning preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively, pay meticulous attention to detail, and work well on a small team
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, while also being receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain a positive outlook under pressure
- Strong commitment to international development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat, Canva, and HTML a plus
- Ability to work with consideration towards course scheduling. SID-W requires a minimum of 25 hours.
All Internships are remote for the foreseeable future and based on the recommendations set by the CDC and city/state guidelines.
The dates for the internship are negotiable. Additionally, the SID-Washington staff is committed to helping dedicated individuals find jobs, build their resumes, and develop skills that will be critical to future success in the professional sphere.
Please apply through this Internship Application form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled.