January - June
An internship at SID-Washington is an invaluable opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in international development. As a Program Associate, you will meet high-level professionals with years of experience in the field and in Washington, DC – perhaps even your future employer! Apply here.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering phones, handling mail, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Work closely with our staff to do the following:
- Assist with program development, planning, and logistics for SID-Washington's numerous Workgroups
- Assist with planning for SID-Washington’s virtual Annual Events (Career Fair, Annual Conference, Annual Dinner)
- Write summaries of Chapter activities and events to be published on our website
- Develop outreach and marketing materials
- Support the SID-Washington staff in providing deliverables to SID-Washington Board of Directors committees
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and website maintenance
- Academic and/or work experience in international development; international relations; communications and/or event planning preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively, pay meticulous attention to detail, and work well on a small team
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, while also being receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain a positive outlook under pressure
- Strong commitment to international development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat, Canva, and HTML a plus
- Ability to work with consideration towards course scheduling. SID-W requires a minimum of 25 hours per week.
All internships are remote for the foreseeable future and based on the recommendations set by the CDC and city/state guidelines. SID-Washington staff may return to the in-person setting in 2022, but we still encourage applicants outside of the DMV area to apply.
The dates for the internship are negotiable. Additionally, the SID-Washington staff is committed to helping dedicated individuals find jobs, build their resumes, and develop skills that will be critical to future success in the professional sphere.
How to Apply
Please apply through this form. Applications received by email will not be considered. A complete application should have the following:
- A cover letter, including an indication of days/times available to work, and if you will be receiving academic credit
- A current resume
- 3 professional references (academic or work-related)
- A short writing sample
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Due to the number of applications we receive, only finalists will be contacted for interviews.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.