See our opportunities below.
2023 Spring Program Associates
January - June
An internship at SID-US is an invaluable opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in international development. As a Program Associate, you will meet high-level professionals with years of experience in the field and in Washington, DC – perhaps even your future employer! Apply here.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering general inquiries, managing phone and voicemail lines, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Work closely with our staff to do the following:
- Assist with program development, planning, and logistics for SID-US's numerous Workgroups
- Assist with planning for SID-US’s Annual Events (Career Fair, Annual Conference, Annual Dinner)
- Write summaries of Chapter activities and events to be published on our website
- Develop outreach and marketing materials
- Support the SID-US staff in providing deliverables for the SID-US' Board of Directors' committees
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and website maintenance
- Academic and/or work experience in international development; international relations; communications and/or event planning preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively, pay meticulous attention to detail, and work well on a small team
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, while also being receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain an optimistic outlook under pressure
- Strong commitment to international development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe Acrobat, Canva, and HTML a plus
- Ability to work with consideration towards course scheduling. SID-US requires a minimum of 25 hours per week.
The SID-US office follows a hybrid work format, and team members typically work in person at least once a week. Interested candidates outside of the Washington, DC area are still encouraged to apply as remote opportunities are available for those who are unable to complete this internship in person.
This internship will run from January to June and the exact start and end dates for the internship are negotiable. Additionally, the SID-US staff is committed to helping dedicated individuals find jobs, build their resumes, and develop skills that will be critical to future success in the professional sphere.
How to Apply
Click here to begin the application form. You will be asked to share your resume, a cover letter, 3 professional references, and a writing sample with your application. Applications are received on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
The Workgroup or Network Associate position at SID-US is an opportunity for young professionals to get more involved with our several workgroups and networks. As a Workgroup or Network Associate, you will get a chance to work closely with current Co-Chairs for various Workgroups and Networks, interact with members and prospective members, and contribute to the activities of the Workgroups or Networks that you are a part of. This role will be focused on managing various virtual and communications platforms for the Workgroups and Networks and help implement continued interaction between Co-Chairs and members. Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity and not an internship or full-time role with SID-US. This position will run for a period of one year with a possible chance of extension of another year.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Manage virtual communication channels such as LinkedIn groups
- Implement communication and social media strategies to promote workgroup/network activities
- Facilitate topic-based conversations leading up to and after events
- Collaborate with Workgroup & Network Co-Chairs to engage members through various platforms
- Each Workgroup or Network Associate will work with 3 Workgroups/2 Networks (grouping can be subject to change)
- Corporate Role in Development, Development Finance, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Democracy, Rights, & Governance, Peace & Security, Policy & Learning
- Infrastructure & Urban Development, Education for Development, Youth in Development
- Environment & Sustainability, Food Security & Agriculture, Health & Nutrition
- Race, Ethnicity, & Diversity, Inclusive Development, Digital Development
- Young Professionals in Development Network (YPN) & Independent Consultants Network (ICN)
- Must be a SID-US member or member affiliate (includes employee/student of an Institutional Member)
- Young Professional (between ages 18 to 32)
- Entry-level Professionals or Graduate Student
- Must have an understanding of and experience with social media and communications platforms, specifically LinkedIn and Twitter
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Commitment to attending Workgroup/Network events as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively with Workgroup/Network Co-Chairs and SID-W staff
Please fill out this form to apply. This volunteer position will be filled on a rolling basis.